Tightlining is one of those hidden gems that I think not enough people utilize, either because they don’t know what it is, they think it is too hard to do, or they just don’t know how to do it. Well, today’s the day, ladies. Today is the day you learn to tightline.
Tightlining is a method of lining your eyes. When most people think of lining their eyes, they think of lining above their lashes. You may have heard of “lining your waterline” which is not tightlining. The waterline is the area in between your lashes and eyeball. Let’s consult a picture, shall we?
When you are instructed to “line your waterline” that simply means to line the inner rims of your eyes with a waterproof liner.
Today we’re talking about tightlining – which is coming from underneath your lashes with liner to line your eyes. I know it sounds confusing if you’re never heard of it or seen it done. I promise the video explains exactly how to do this technique.
- It provides a natural look. You don’t appear to be wearing liner, which can be harsh looking on some people.
- It really makes your lashes look fuller.
- If provides an extra “oomph” when worn with a smoky eye.
What should you use to tightline your eyes?
- I use a waterproof pencil. If using a pencil, I recommend one that is both waterproof and firm, such as MAC Technakohl. That’s what I’m using in the vlog.
- You can use a cream liner, such as MAC Fluidline. Use a flat top eyeliner brush to apply and “push” the cream liner into the base of your lashes.
- When removing your liner, you’ll need to use a waterproof eye makeup remover. I recommend an oil based makeup remover, such as Clinique Take The Day Off. Saturate a pad with remover and let it rest on your eye for a few seconds. Then wipe off your mascara and liner. The liner will collect under your eyes… press the pad to that area and gently wipe. You’ll have to do this again the morning.
A few thoughts before you watch this video…
This is my first actual tutorial, so think kind thoughts. I hope I only get better from here. I had my husband in the bathroom with me while I was filming, and he was supposed to tell me if I went out of the frame. Um, he didn’t, and there are several times you see me pop out of view when I’m looking in the mirror. I also have a bit of the crazy eye as I apply my liner. Oops. Lastly, that swatch has been on the wall for over a year. HA!
Will you try tightlining?